Monday, March 28, 2011

Spoiled


This post is a long time coming.

I've been waiting on it only because it was such a blessing that I wanted to recount it accurately.

Two weeks ago, when my friend Chase was in town, we were invited out to Long Island to spend time with is Guyanese friend, Aunty Baby's family. We took Sunday afternoon to trek out to the end of the E line and then waited on a corner in Jamaica for Shammy to pick us up.

I have to tell you something about the Guyanese. They are the most generous fun loving people I've met. Since Chase knew Baby, he was instantly family. Since I was his friend, I was quickly adopted as well.

We did nothing for a whole day. We chatted, drank vodka and rum, and ate Guyanese food.

We had cookup, calilou, pumpkin, dal, and okra. Twice. So much food. Cooked so well with so much love.

And then it was time to go home. Of course we couldn't leave without a giant bag of food....and a giant bottle of El Dorado Rum:) Shammy wouldn't have it any other way. She also gave us quite a few little jars of jam...which have come in handy for my jam and goat cheese sandwiches.

Here are the spoils from our afternoon of fun. Photographed amazingly by Chase Chisholm.


It was so lovely to be so spoiled. We ate again when we got home. And it was food for still another meal. Thank you Shammy. You are the best!


No comments:

Post a Comment