Friday, March 11, 2011

Reality

So...for many of you who live life like real people, the concept of not grocery shopping and not cooking probably seems ludicrous. About a year and a half ago I would have agreed with you. Then the life of a free lancer hit. I have a full time job that pays only half time, so I end up with millions of odd jobs to make up the difference. I love all of them...so its really only a hardship on time.
My jobs are pretty cool. I get to teach college kids how to sew all day, and toss in a few hours of teaching theatre in a classroom. After that I get to build giant snails, style wigs for opera, design Alice in Wonderland, make dresses, design dance costumes, whatever comes my way.
I realize more and more that there aren't enough hours in my day for all of the things that are necessary for "real life" When you get to work at 10 am and leave at 1 am, it doesn't leave much time for meal planning, grocery shopping, working out or relaxing.

In the freelance world, its either feast or famine. So when there's work you take it. Its a game and a race. Those who play hard succeed. I have chosen to play as hard as I can.

That brings me to take out; why it has been such a giant part of each and every day. I simply decided I didn't have the time to deal with it. So much simpler to pick something off the menu than plan it ahead of time. In the past three days I've found that groceries are actually faster. I'm sure they are healthier, as I feel like I've lost 5 lbs since I started. Incentive to keep going? Yes. Just very thankful that I'm currently not in tech:)


1 comment:

  1. Hi Becky - I got to your blog through Rebecca's post today at Flathead Mama.

    I'm so intrigued by your challenge, and am looking forward with anticipation to your creative eating.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete