Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Is this really cooking?

So, a few things I've discovered in the last 2 weeks of not eating take out.

1) I really don't have the time to precook meals for the week, or cook dinner on a regular basis to provide easy leftovers for lunch.

2) Grazing, while easy, just isn't enough to get me through the day. I love bread and cheese, but 3 meals a day of that is just not going to work.

Solution? Easy to make, microwavable meals that I can create in my office.

This is one of my favorites!

Tomato and Feta Soup with Garlic Pita bread on the side.
The soup is from a can, mixed with water, but I do have the premixed version in my cupboard that will come to work with me tomorrow. The feta I get in a block and makes for quite a few bowls, and the pita works wonders with the soup as well as the "crust" for my other fav, Pita Pizza.

I know. These combos are far from fine dining, but convenience is definitely the name of the game for my crazy busy life, and I must either deal with repeats and some less imaginative options, or figure out how to add another hour to my day.



No comments:

Post a Comment