Thursday, March 10, 2011

To fail, and to triumph?

I had every intention of making a breakfast burrito this morning.

I brought the tortillas from my tacos yesterday home with me stuck them right next to my fresh carton of eggs I bought a week ago and haven't yet touched.

I failed. After grading papers til 3 am, I somehow didn't quite have the energy to get out pans and turn on the stove, much less actually get out of bed more than 15 minutes before I needed to be at work.
Total mess. I skipped breakfast, since I had no other plans, and finally got around to lunch around 2. Chicken taco. Again. Boring, yes, but its food, and essentially free? Yes?

After teaching a class on a great African play, building a fat suit, 1930's underwear and shleping through torrential rains to Chinatown for wig fittings, I was famished.

I decided to stop by Whole Foods for a few groceries and a lot of drooling. Whole Foods never fails to make me want to spend all of my money on fancy tasty things and become exceedingly fat and happy while doing it.

My few groceries turned into a small cart.



















$51. 77 later I'm back at my office for another round of work, pleasantly munching on the spoils of my grocery adventure. I know that's a lot of money for a seemingly small amount of food. Groceries are very expensive here...and many times it is really not the cheapest option. But I am content with new breakfasty options, carrots and guac and my really tasty cheese and crackers. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. I think that 50 bucks for those spoils is reasonable. Groceries are terribly expensive everywhere...good for you!

    ReplyDelete