Sunday, March 13, 2011

Staring at Breakfast

Although I am most excited for breakfast fare, it is the most difficult meal of the day for me. I always wake up late. Its a given, almost a ritual in life.

This week I've managed to spare about 2 and a half minutes to grab a tiny breakfast from my kitchen before I walk out the door. Truth is, even though I grab it, doesn't mean I want to eat it. Many days I am too groggy, wandering half asleep, or am feeling so raw from staying up impossibly late the night before that I can't bring myself to eat even the simplest granola bar and applesauce cup.

That brings me to 2 pm, when I am still foodless and now ready for lunch, my breakfast plans officially spoiled. In my life eating take-out that would translate itself into giant lunch from the deli across the street. Instead I snack on cheeses and crackers, carrots left in my mini-fridge from the day before. Not exciting, but rather than gorging myself, I'm taking it a little slower.

So number 1 plan for this next week? Incorporate breakfast. Somehow, someway I will do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment