Wednesday, April 6, 2011

reflective

I've noticed that eating reflects life. My meals are quick convenient and simple. Cheese and crackers for lunch. Diet Coke for breakfast. Many of my relationships are the same. They are connections of convenience. They are simple because going deep takes too much time.
The close friendships I have are due to time and effort. We eat. We drink. We cook.
Some of these people live very far away and our friendships have become quick and convenient. But we have eaten. We have cooked. Its funny how much that makes a difference. In a life where I work til I drop, those moments are priceless. I want more of them. I don't want to just cook for myself. I want to cook for people I care about. I know I need to start somewhere, and get myself to a place where I'm ready to let more people in. Slow down, work less, embrace the world around me instead of zooming so fast I don't see it as it goes by. Its hard for me to slow down. I get bored as I wait for something to fill the void. And then I get another job...and the cycle begins again...and again...and again...

No comments:

Post a Comment